- Participating artists:
- Alessandra Eramo: voice, electronics, concept
- Ambra Pittoni: field recordings
- Brandon LaBelle: field recordings, concept
- Florence Cats: field recordings, electronics
- Ines Lechleitner: field recordings
- Israel Martinez: field recordings, voice
- James Webb: field recordings
- Korhan Erel: field recordings, melodica
- Lucia Udvardyova: field recordings, electronics
- Ricarda Denzer: field recordings, voice
- Thea Farhadian: field recordings, violin, electronics
Sound artist, composer, vocalist Alessandra Eramo and artist, writer and theorist Brandon LaBelle initiated the Asocial Telepathic Ensemble during the Covid-19 Lockdown in 2021.
This international collaborative work of sound culture brings together eleven composers, sound artists, curators, writers, and performers who simultaneously switched on their recording devices on 21 March 2021 for 15 minutes in a globe spanning telepathic recording session, documenting their thoughts, habits or audio surroundings, in an attempt to connect with each other. No editing was done.
The result is a very intimate glimpse into a moment of self isolation which has been experienced globally. Each recording is a strong poetic approach to daily routine and deals with communicating with artificial voices, loneliness, yearning for travelling or being bored. But these artistic statements are also talking about hope, transforming tragedy into irony, accepting bodily and mental fragility during the pandemic and beyond.
double cassette box + digital download
limited to 100 hand numbered copies
- Concept & production: Alessandra Eramo & Brandon LaBelle
- Mixed and mastered by Kassian Troyer at Dubplates & Mastering Berlin
- Drawing by Irene Büchler
- Layout by Wendelin Büchler
- ©&℗ Corvo Records 2022
” (…) The Asocial Telpathic Ensemble range from (sound) poetry to field recordings and improvised music, but are above all to be understood as discreet parts of a single “telepathic” and ergo jointly created composition. It’s an ambitious work that connects the inner world of the participants with the outer world – far beyond those 15 minutes in March 2021.”
— Field Notes (DE)