- Alessandra Eramo — voice, electronics
- Ambra Pittoni — field recordings
- Brandon LaBelle — field recordings
- Florence Cats — field recordings, electronics
- Ines Lechleitner — field recordings
- Israel Martinez — field recordings, voice
- James Webb — field recordings
- Korhan Erel — field recordings, melodica
- Lucia Udvardyova — field recordings, electronics
- Ricarda Denzer — field recordings, voice
- Thea Farhadian — field recordings, violin, electronics
On 20 June we will present the double-cassette-box of The Asocial Telepathic Ensemble, initiated by sound artist, composer, vocalist Alessandra Eramo and artist, writer and theorist Brandon LaBelle during the Covid-19 Lockdown in March 2021.
The Asocial Telepathic Ensemble is an international collaborative work of sound culture that brings together eleven composers, sound artists, curators, writers, and performers who simultaneously switched on their recording devices on 21 March 2021 for 15 minutes in a globe spanning telepathic recording session, documenting their thoughts, habits or audio surroundings, in an attempt to connect with each other. — No editing was done.
The result is documenting a historic moment in the 21st century, offering a very intimate glimpse into the reality of self isolation which has been experienced globally. Each recording is a strong poetic approach to daily routine and deals with communicating with artificial voices, loneliness, yearning for travelling or being bored.
But these artistic statements are also talking about hope, transforming tragedy into irony, accepting bodily and mental fragility during the pandemic and beyond.
Deluxe double cassette box + digital download
limited to 100 copies
- Recorded by the artists at various locations
- Mixed and mastered by Kassian Troyer at Dubplates & Mastering Berlin
- Cover artwork by Wendelin Büchler.
- Drawing by Irene Büchler
Wendelin Büchler regularly offers a platform for unusual artistic concepts with his Corvo label, but this may be the most ambitious release to date: The Asocial Telepathic Ensemble is, as the name suggests, not a classical ensemble, but rather a project that reacted both organisationally and creatively to the pandemic-related restrictions of the previous year.
Alessandra Eramo and Brandon LaBelle got nine composers, sound artists, performers, curators and writers to turn on their recording devices simultaneously for 15 minutes in March 2021. The eleven contributions gathered on »« range from (sound) poetry to field recordings and improvised music, but are above all to be understood as discrete parts of a single, »telepathic« and ergo jointly created composition. It’s an ambitious work that connects the inner world of the participants with the outer world—far beyond those 15 minutes in March 2021.
— Field Notes